Sunday, June 10, 2012

To Grow Some Dahlias ... Maybe

It has been sometime since updating our blog on growing Dahlias. Following directions, I have placed them in a spot that receives sun up to 6 hours a day and after the greenery appears I have kept them well watered. There are two that fulfilled their promise on the package of 'guaranteed to grow'. The third just refused, even though it received the very same care, to show any signs of life whatsoever. Unfortunately, I am at a standstill when it comes to knowing what to do with them next. Observing the Dahlia sites that one of our kind readers recommended, I was lost for words at the beauty of the Dahlias...mostly growing in well manicured gardens or started by knowledgeable growers. One thing I have observed with gardening, craft and do it yourself project sites is that they assume you have some knowledge of the subject before beginning. With Dahlias, I do not. I have brought them onto the porch for their photoshoot....now I will return them to the center of the back yard where they will receive their daily dose of full sun. I hope I am a little more knowledgeable on their next update. Knowing what to expect next from them remains a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun watching them grow..and learning too at the same time...( me learning...also)

    ReplyDelete