Monday, July 18, 2011

Never Too Late? Maybe...But Not Exactly

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
~George Eliot 


I like this quote. Lots. As we get older, it is reassurance that there is a very good reason to look forward to tomorrow. It's also self deceiving to think that it can be 100% true. I want to play my violin in a professional orchestra. Am I good enough? No...not anymore but with work, I might have been at one time. Somewhere in the latter quarter of the 20th century maybe. What it isn't too late for is the 'essence' (the intrinsic nature) of being what I might have been. Working at playing what is hopefully beautiful music on a daily basis. Getting out my violin, tuning it, picking out music that is completely playable by me....now, in the 21st century. I can still have the essence of having been in that orchestra because it is never too late. Well, yes it is...but not exactly.



1 comment:

  1. Love this blog...so true..it's never too late, and we should never stop dreaming..

    ReplyDelete