Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas In July

While we are smack dab in the center of a strong heat wave, it is hard to think of the cooler (cold?) weather that comes with Christmas. Many of us entertain ourselves with the sales, decorations and fun of Christmas in July, though! The one sure thing, just like death and taxes, is that the earth will keep spinning with it's axis leaning further and further away from the sun bringing us (eventually) cooler weather. Christmas brings a more charitable nature upon us humans and a reason to do good. Here's a guy named Ernie with cause. He was able to put himself in the emotional shoes of the homeless in Grand Rapids, Michigan with some hats. With tags with various messages on them like 'take me, I'm free' Ernie had one simple goal...to help someone keep warm no matter who they are. What a reasonable expectation.


This hot July (and August, September, Oct....) I'm working on some hats and scarves. I'm going to take the train to downtown Charlotte, North Carolina and without fanfare or expectations...and hopefully without arrest...I'm going to put them in very reachable places. Without political bias, without religious overtones, and with just the reason being that I can, I'm going to try to take myself out of the center of my own universe, join with others doing the same thing, and show some compassion by helping someone keep warm

1 comment:

  1. Aww you are sure special..now you put a "bug" in my head too..

    ReplyDelete